from Sweetwater Press

Friday, March 16, 2007

Transitions

Another cold front is sweeping across the country. Once more, my Northern friends are trudging through snow and ice. Here, the March wind is howling around the corners of the house and the temperature is actually dropping from what it was just before dawn. Winter is taking another pot-shot before Spring arrives; however, the transition from one season to the next has already begun. Sensing the coming of Spring, the Bradford pear trees seemed to have blossomed overnight. On the way to work yesterday I noticed Redbuds blooming in the woods, and the Dogwood trees are ready to burst forth. My neighbor's Yellowbell (forsythia) bush reflects the sunshine with its bright yellow flowers. Along the borders, Thrift (phlox) is now adding its rich colors to the mix. Breaking out of its winter cocoon, the world emerges alive and vibrant with color. I am excited about this new season and the adventures that lie ahead.

This is a time of transition, not only for the land, but for humans as well. We are in the third month of 2007...do you know where your New Year's Resolutions are? So far, have you been doing any of the things you resolved to do? I really hope so, but if not, don't feel too badly. I haven't been doing all the things I need to be doing myself. On the other hand, I am doing some things I never thought I would be doing. This blog is one of them. I have some wonderful Internet friends to thank for giving me the encouragement to start, the permission to make mistakes, and inspiration from their own endeavors. So, I would like to thank the members of the Fast Track Your Dreams Community who are the most inspiring and enthusiastic group of people I have ever "met." And for developing Fast Track, I thank Valerie Young, the Dreamer in Residence at Changing Course ( http://www.changingcourse.com/ ) whose website and newsletter reflect her own enthusiasm for helping people follow their dreams and live the life they love.

It isn't an easy path, to change the course of your life, to transition from working at a traditional job to doing something you truly love. In fact, it's scary as hell. But if you have a passion for writing, or art, or simply for helping people find a way to live their own dreams (as Valerie does), you owe it to yourself to start the journey. You'll never know where the road leads if you never leave your driveway. You'll never know what you're capable of doing until you give yourself permission to try. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams.

Bless you,
StellaD

No comments: